RE: laptop worked

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:11:20 -0400

I've heard that they hook up a stock drive to it and run it that way, which
is how they check after they're built, then they just image  the factory
image to an already tested hd and send it out... That's how you can still
customize it after you get it, but they still get to try it... Or they might
have just booted up to the special OEM bios and ran some built in hardware
check/test...Dell's have a limitted version of this on the user bios, in the
manual it'll say what function key causes the computer to enter this mode,
it runs hardware tests on graphics hardware, motherboard components, fans,
etc... I did it once on my latitude d810  just for the hek of it... What
exactly happened when you turned yours on?

HTH, D!J!X!