• From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:50:08 +0300

Hi all,

I think it could be interesting for all of us to know which are the most used programming languages in as many countries as possible, as a foresight for the success of those languages in the future in our country.

There are 2 main targets for the programs: desktop applications, and web applications and I think it could be interesting to know the most used languages for both these 2 targets.

In Romania, Europe, the most used languages are C# and Java for desktop applications, and then C++, then and Delphi. For web applications the most used language is PHP, and then at a long distance is and then Java.

Somebody from Hong Kong, China told me that there the most used languages are C/C++ then python, then Java, and the least used are PHP/perl, and for pure web apps, the most used is PHP.

What about your country, or the region where you live?