Re: jaws and seven: accessibility, settings, etc.

  • From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:22:14 -0400

I am a little confused on how VMware connects / disconnects USB devices. I know if I have a USB Flash drive, I qould need to go to the VMware menus to connect or disconnect when switching back and forth between host and client. It is possible to set VMware to automatically connect if a new USB device is inserted when in the VM. The thing that confuses me is I do not have to do that with my USB keyboard. It just always works! Without ever going to the menus, it connects and disconnects itself when needed. Does VMware handle keyboards differently? Could VMware somehow be told to treat a Braille display to be handled as a keyboard?

Don Marang