RE: java file read/write question

  • From: "Sina Bahram" <sbahram@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 14:01:59 -0500

I hope this link is useful?

http://www.cosc.brocku.ca/mentor/javaio_tutorial

Take care,
Sina

-----Original Message-----
From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alex Parks
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2007 12:13 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: java file read/write question

Hi all,

I did a simple dice-rolling game for a project in the first java class I
have taken.  We don't have to, but I would like to know how I can use a
score.txt file to keep a high score.  I know about the comparison of the
file's content to the current score and such, but how can I read from and,
if the current score is higher, write to score.txt? I think I can use
Scanner to read, but I am not sure how to do it, and I have no clue how to
write.
I use Notepad as my editor and compile at the command line.
Thanks for any help.

Have a great day,
Alex