Re: java access bridge problems , someone help please?

  • From: "LU OGBE" <oluogbe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 06:10:50 -0000

Hello Florian,

What operating system are you using?

Regards,
LU
----- Original Message ----- From: "Florian Beijers" <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2011 6:45 PM
Subject: Re: java access bridge problems , someone help please?

Hello Dave,

Yes, this is true. If this would be my only requirement, I would agree with you. However, the java classes i am going to be taking as a mandatory course will require me to write GUI's.
On Jan 30, 2011, at 7:37 PM, Dave wrote:

Haven't done much in way of UI with java (i.e. SWT/swing), but curious
what your particular need is?

I've done lots in terms of just straight java (utilities pertaining to
data processing/parsing, command line stuff, academia stuff, etc).  If
all you're doing is learning java, then this might be the way to go
since all you need is "javac <filename>" and then "java filename" to
run a basic Of course a lot of java can be done without ever touching GUI code, but this is not an option for me. So once again I ask, if someone knows what might be causing this please let me know.

Florian
program.

On 1/30/11, Florian Beijers <florianbeijers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi list,

I have tried my hand at Java development a twice now.
The first time it ended in a complete failure because I couldn't install the
jdk myself, for some reason the screen was not readable.
Second time around i first installed JRE (java runtime engine), than the
java access bridge and finally the jdk. This worked. After that i ran the
accessbridge setup again to install the necessary files in the JRE that came
with the JDK. Both times i rebooted my system when prompted.
Still however the javamonkey and javaferret programs seem not to be
readable, or at least not the way they should be.
Also trying some basic javax.swing code elements produced nothing according
to my screenreader.
I have referenced my directories with the manual setup instructions, and see
two inconsistencies:
- the accessibility.properties file that is supposed to be in c:`program
files`java`jre`lib`ext` is not there.
The file could not be found on a global windows search either.
- Also, where the instructions refer to copying a accessbridge_x_xx.jar , x
being a version number, I found that i have an accessbridge.jar file, so
without a version number attached.

I have no idea what of all of this is relevant and I am lost beyond all
recognition when it comes to solving this riddle. I am very very new to java development so it could just be me doing something wrong but I have no idea
what so if someone can point it out to me that would be very much
apreciated.

Regards and thanks in advance,
Florian__________