java

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 00:40:02 -0500

Greetings all --
I just installed jre6 from java.com on my laptop and I have a question. Is
this all there is to the sdk? or is there something else I am supposed to be
downloading?
I looked in program files\java\jre6\bin (or whatever that path was) and
found a lot of .exe and .dll files, but I couldn't find the command "javah"
which was in the documentation for using jni to create bindings to C
libraries.
I am not familiar with all these commands -- for example, javacpl.exe looks
like it might be a c++ compiler, but there is something else that seems to
link it to the control panel.
I am installing eclipse.
But I need the java sdk from sun as that is what is needed for my current
purposes.  So where can I download it if I don't have it already? I could
not find anything more than the jre on the website I was on.
Thanks in advance.
--le