Re: introduction, and first query

  • From: sameer manohtra <sameermanohtra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:20:49 +0530

Hello folks, umm, perhaps I’m getting into something, in the sense,
that I now understood, that a standard position  to keep your
components in your vb.net form, seems top 240, and left 240 follows by
other component same top with difference of 600 cco-ordinates.
Now, several problems to discuss, first, as described in a tutorial
provided by respected tuukka Ojala, it has been discussed, that jaws
should announce if there is any control overlapping.
in the mean, that if you have setup a lable control at x240 y240
position, and if you take a textbox control now and place the same on
x240, y240 then jaws should announce overlapped.
Unfortunately, it’s not announcing the same in my case.
Since the tutorial is for vb6, can someone tell me, whether jaws does
announce the overlapping informations in vs.net 2005 as well  or not?
Please note, that I having vs.net 2005 express adition, with jaws
version 7.0 and script file which I have downloaded a few months back
from empowermentzone.com as suggested by one of my friend.
If about the script file, it is named as msenv2005.exe.
So, any fault in my system specific? Am I not using the correct set of
script files or jaws version? or is there any specific command to get
the overlap information in vs.net?
I have read in help (jaws key+h), that num pad 5 announces the
co-ordinates information, and yeh, it does. But not the other
informations like overlapped control on one another.
So, can someone  please please help me out in this?
Sameer manohtra.