Re: integrating sql with my software application: a little urgent, please

  • From: sameer manohtra <sameermanohtra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 08:21:03 +0530

Guys,
I’ve been trying to do some investigation on the internet, but
unfortunately it has confused me even more, instead of giving any
helpful pointer.

I found  out that i need to install either sql server express or
something called sql compact edition to target computer.

ok, that would have not been a big problem, but from some other
sources on the internet I got to know that express edition does not
configure the databases automatically and one need to do a lot of
manual work around.
I did not understand anything much from the description I got to read
from many ssources about how to accomplish this, hence i’ve got even
much puzzled

Seriously, I did not know that its going to be this much difficult to
accomplish when I was developed this application.
Though I’m not losing hope because I know this is how I will get to
learn, but still I don’t have a proper clue about how should I perform
the operation.

Its just an application that’s using one database, having 2  tables,
and simple storing and retrieving works are needed to be performed.

I will still appreciate if someone can suggest me a clear,
step-by-step way on how should I make the setup of a software that
I’ve developed, that contains database.
Anything which can make this work on target computer.

At some places, I got to know that i can add sql express edition as a
prerequisite in my setup project, but I found out that it still
doesn’t solve the problem, since the database instance and creation
still doesn’t work in this situation.

Help, please!

Regards,
Sameer!