Re: installations and the registry in win7

Hello:
Python 2.6 is up on the website python.org. just make sure you grab 32-bit, as most setups don't have a 64-bit version and they won't run with python 64 without they know to look for it in the registry.
On 7/2/2011 8:57 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
Laura,

I've tried compiling the Mercurial source. It is a can of worms. I don't
know what to say about the python version.

John

On Sat, Jul 02, 2011 at 08:56:07PM -0500, qubit wrote:
Greetings all --
I'm in the process of loading needed software packages to a new, nearly
empty windows7 computer.
In particular, I need mercurial, which is implemented in python, and so I
also need to install python.

When I tried installing mercurial without python, it printed an error that I
needed python 2.6.  So I went to python.org, and the closest I could find
was 2.7.2.  I downloaded and installed that, but when I went back to try and
install mercurial again, it gave the same error -- something about needing
python 2.6 which it looked for and didn't find in the registry.

These installers are all binaries, so I have no idea what registry entries
mercurial is looking for.

Does anyone have advice? I suppose I could get the mercurial source and
compile it with python 2.7.2.  But really, I think there should be a simpler
solution.

TIA for any comments.

www == "wrestling with windows"...*smile*
--le

Take care,
Ty
my website:
http://tds-solutions.net
my blog:
http://tds-solutions.net/blog
skype: st8amnd127
My programs don't have bugs; they're randomly added features!