Re: indent block of text with edSharp?

  • From: Kerneels Roos <kerneels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:12:33 +0200

Hi,

You could also use the py braces stuff for this.

Or you could cut out the code you want indented and paste it into a second buffer and then do your find and replace for newlines there.

Or, if you know how many consecutive lines you want indented (call it N lines), using vim you could do this:
place cursor on first line
<esc>
v -- for visual mode
Nj -- the number of lines N followed by the letter j to move down that number of lines > -- the greater than key will indent the default tab stop and shift width spaces.

Or, given START and END line numbers (again with vim):
<esc>
:START,ENDs/^/ /g

which goes into command mode with <esc> and then replaces the ^ (start of line) with a space gloabally throughout the range START,END.

I've downloaded EdSharp today for the first time -- should have looked at it long time ago already. A funny thing was that I couldn't find a download link for it via Google because I was searching for Edge Sharp as in edge of the table ha ha -- what is screen readers doing to mankind.

It would be awesome if EdSharp could incorporate a vim mode so one would not need to do a lot of Ctrl + Alt etc. for navigation -- not even to mention having to move your hands to the arrow keys all the time.

Skimming through the documentation, I must say, EdSharp looks a nifty piece of work wow! Well done to everyone who helped make it.

Cheers
Kerneels

On 1/31/2011 7:49 AM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Well, I see on edit menu, there's an indent option that seems to work on multiple, selected lines, but it uses a tab character - might be changeable, or alternatively, you could use it, and then try replace those tabs with spaces..?

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA