Re: in the market for a new laptop:suggetsions?

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 08:05:55 +0200

yes, but thei are not the only who do this.
Also acer do this thing with some of their laptops.
Also the most encreasingly number of laptops has sata hdds, but they don't offer windows xp in the pakage so you must buy a windows xp separately. But the problem arrises here. The copy of windows xp you've just bought has no integrated the sata drivers for your hdd, so you end up with two posible scenarios:
1. put the hdd in ata compatibility mode (loosing performance)
2. make a copy of your windows and integrate the hdd sata drivers in it.
the first is easyer because you must only change one or more bios options.
the second is harder because you must use some tools to do it.
and for a blind person both are hard to do with out sighted help.
so, I prefer to buy a laptop wich comes with windows xp out of the box, or which offer the downgrade to windows xp.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Schulz" <b.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>