in the market for a new laptop:suggetsions?

  • From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <BlindGeeks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 23:18:28 -0700

Hello list,
I'm in the market for a new laptop.
My max price range is about 1100. I'm not totally sure what I need; of course I'm looking for the best deal, but I also need something that Jaws will work on. From what I've heard, jaws does not work on 64-bit vista; are there still laptops shipped with 32 bit, or even better XP? I know a lot of the computer companies started sending everything with vista. I've also seen things like 60 day trials and etc on vista; am I going to have to purchase a full copy after I get the laptop?

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005