From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 11:38 AM
Subject: Re: ideas and adaptations was re: need beta testers for an
alternative screen readers

You're taking a very big risk in naming your product something that may
ultimately end up associated with a sexual innuendo. I'm simply guessing,
but I'm thinking many of your likely population of users will be blind users
who for the most part:

1. Your target population will be in their older years which means they will
not think talking about their phone in a sexual manner to be cute or funny.
Just think of the names of current cell phones out there. The names elicit
such things as chocolate or raspberry or something neutral for all including
generic numbers such as X30E5. It won't sound cute or funny if your mother
or grandfather has to call a family member for help with their sex cell
phone screen reader.

2. Though males such as yourself probably won't think much of this sexual
innuendo, the female population of possible customers may think differently.
You can choose to ignore this facet of the population, but 50% of possible
sales will disappear if you do so.

3. It will be difficult for a young population of possible customers to
convince their parent that a cell phone screen reader with a sexual tone is
a good idea to buy.

5. I don't know what country you're from, but outside of the major cities in
the US, talking openly about sexuality is still not easy for many to do.

6. When someone goes out into the internet to seek out product information
for your screen reader, just what type of WebPages do you think they will
generate when they search for the words: Sex cell phone, or, sex reader, or
any combination of sex and phone. If they don't know how to clean out their
history they might find themselves in some problems.

I'm sure there are lots of other problems with this idea that you've
obviously not considered thoroughly, but I'm just conveying these off the
top of my head--imagine what professional marketing professionals can
generate? If you've got money to burn on half-baked ideas then feel free and
continue on your path. Just posting my opinion on subject matter you're
posting publicly.

Matthew