RE: help with c++ if test

It is easy to do text adventures or any programming without goto.  Note that my
commercial mud has 0 goto statements in it.  Now all classes in college will
tell you to avoid goto unless you're dealing with programming operating systems
and need to be able to jump out of scope.  Which is one of the reasons you do
not want to use goto.  For example

 Void myfunc(){
Goto two;
}

Void myFunc2(){
Two:

}

You can actually jump function to function with goto which breaks all kinds of
things in functional and object oriented programming.  Now that is necessary
some times when doing error handling.  The truth is though if your coding your
own application you really should never need goto.   If you find yourself using
goto you have probably designed your program wrong.

I will not go into a deep why or why not to use it because if your thinking you
cannot create an adventure game without it you will not understand a lot of my
explanation.  I think you need to go through some tutorials on c or c++ which
ever one you're using because you have a lot to learn.

Ken