Re: good reason to not read emails from this list, was...Re: Fw: youtube video, jaws versus NVDA

  • From: Tyler Littlefield <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:56:14 -0600

I don't think he did it to crash the reader; it's not like it was in the
subject. Sina was trying to figure out the word, and he posted a message
about the word being below, then posted the word. It was for educational
purposes only to answer Sina and whoever else was curious about that,
and not with a molevolent intent to crash systems.

On 10/14/2010 10:43 PM, David Engebretson Jr. wrote:
> You know, I've enjoyed emails from this list for a lot of years.
> Sometimes the enjoyment has been more educational than others.
> Sometimes the education has been painful due to lots of brain stretching
> and patience.
> Placing words in email messages that go to public lists that will crash
> peoples screen readers is almost blasphemous to me after all of these
> years.
> Please respect other peoples time and do not place such strings in these
> listservs that may someday become public to all (wait, are these lists
> googlefied?  do they have the google bot that makes all of these
> messages public to everyone?). Either way, I'm sure we all have much
> better things to do than reboot our screen readers.
> If you enjoy disrupting peoples workflow, do it on a list that isn't
> designed for "helping" people, please.

- --
Tyler Littlefield
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (MingW32)