good reason to not read emails from this list, was...Re: Fw: youtube video, jaws versus NVDA

  • From: "David Engebretson Jr." <d.engebretson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:43:57 -0700

You know, I've enjoyed emails from this list for a lot of years. Sometimes the enjoyment has been more educational than others. Sometimes the education has been painful due to lots of brain stretching and patience.

Placing words in email messages that go to public lists that will crash peoples screen readers is almost blasphemous to me after all of these years.

Please respect other peoples time and do not place such strings in these listservs that may someday become public to all (wait, are these lists googlefied? do they have the google bot that makes all of these messages public to everyone?). Either way, I'm sure we all have much better things to do than reboot our screen readers.

If you enjoy disrupting peoples workflow, do it on a list that isn't designed for "helping" people, please.