From: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Tyler
Littlefield
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:50 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: getting started with java:what is needed?

Hello all,
I wanted to start learning Java, as I'll probably be using it in college.
So, this brings up the question: What sort of things will be needed to run
java apps on windows and the mac, what other tools besides the compiler? I
hear about a lot of extra apps or toolkits that are needed to make things
accessible, so I'd like to be on the right road.
                Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
        http://tds-solutions.net
        Twitter: sorressean