From: Tyler Littlefield <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: getting started with java:what is needed?
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 8:50 PM

Hello all,
I wanted to start learning Java, as I'll probably be using it in college. So,
this brings up the question: What sort of things will be needed to run java
apps on windows and the mac, what other tools besides the compiler? I hear
about a lot of extra apps or toolkits that are needed to make things
accessible, so I'd like to be on the right road.
        Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
    http://tds-solutions.net
    Twitter: sorressean