Re: free c++ compiler

NVDA doesn't work well with wxDevC++ so you have to use JAWS or something else.

On 2/8/2011 8:55 AM, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
Hi.
I'm using jaws.
I'll try this out today.
/Kristoffer

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Midence" <alex.midence@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2011 4:16 AM
Subject: Re: free c++ compiler

I guess the WxDev version is a bit different then.  I just tried it
today.  I wrote some code, screwed something up and hit f9 to compile
and run.  My cursur went right to the compile messages area.  I tabbed
to the tree view and was able to arrow down to the errors.  It gave me
line numbers and function names and what not.  .  You might want to
try this version of dev c++ out.  I think it's gotten some more recent
code whereas the traditional dev c++ stopped getting developed in like
2004 or something like that.

Here is the link for you:

http://wxdsgn.sourceforge.net/

Set your theme to new design and windows xp look or something like
that when the Ide comes up for the first time.  It will install the wx
widgets library for you and update itself from the get go from its own
devpaks site.  I have never been able to get the devpaks form the old
dev c++ site to download and istall properly.  Many must not be
maintained well or something.  Now, most of these devpaks it finds are
related to WxWidgets.  It does with wx widgets what visual studio
professional appears to do with MFC in its form designer.  I'm trying
to see if it can be made accessible or not.  It uses xml and there
some plain text files that look like they could be edited by hand if I
could get my head around what they are doing in the visual form
designer.  For just straight coding though, it's pretty accessible all
around.  Class browser, project explorer, property inspector, compiler
area, debugger ... all seem to work well with Jaws.  Forgot to ask,
waht screen reader are you using?

Alex M

On 2/7/11, Kristoffer Gustafsson <kg84@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi.
But how do I come to that error list? If i press tab then I only edit the
code.
/Kristoffer