RE: fix for the windows live messenger issue.

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 13:14:48 -0400

Email's like this are very funny.  First off if it was not for Essentials
some of the viruses I have run into both at work and home would not have
been caught and that includes all the most used nod32 Norton and mcfee.
Second if people did stuff like this in the past we would have dumped
Microsoft when IE 6 came out and none of us could use it.  I will give Jaws
till 12 to fix it then I will scrap windows live messenger but there is no
way I will drop essentials.  Oh one more thing.  You could have unchecked
the box at update time that said update all windows live programs.  Then you
could have chosen to only update essentials or others but not windows live.
I actually updated all to see if it was still accessible.  I have skype till
it is fixed and there is no reason to blow a gasket.  Welcome to
accessibility lag.  The screen readers cannot keep up not even Mac screen
reader keeps up.  I know cause I have the beta on the IPhone and let's just
say I have found 4 accessibility lags there maybe just maybe if some of us
were beta testing the windows live and working on the scripts this would not
have been a problem.  Windows live messenger is accessible the scripts just
need a bit of tweaking maybe if the scripts are open enough I will go see
what is erroring.

Ken