RE: ewby on programming need some tips and tricks

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:11:23 -0800

Hi Jose,
Based on you description, I am guessing that you are trying to create a
financial database program where you can store checking/savings data. I have
no language recommendations (someone who has more experience would be able
to help you there). For starters like myself, I found that it would be best
to start with C family - C, C# (pronounced C-Sharp)m /c++ and others. Some
recommend Java, python, visual basic (VB) and so forth.
My personal recommendation is that you start with a simple texl input/output
programs such as the classic 'Helloo, World." Then you can move onto things
like assigning variables (useful if you want to write a checking balance
code) and doing some coding on calculations (like using unit conversions;
that would be handy if you want to write codes on interest rates on a
savings account). After that, try using loops and branching (where depending
on what the user types, the program will execute a different instruction),
then try functions and sorting. Personally, I'm learning C++ language (if
anyone wants a source code for my unit conversion program (a DOS console
app), let me know) which is the language that computer science students (I
am a freshman) learn first in their CS intro courses at the university (at
UC Riverside).
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Joseph