Re: ewby on programming need some tips and tricks

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:29:14 -0400

Good evening,

Depending on the screen-reader you use you may be able to find a suibtable program by asking around on some other lists. If you do decide to create one yourself you probably will want to use C# or VB.Net, like Tyler suggested. Each is part of Visual Studio Express from Microsoft.

You can download C# or VB.Net Express for free from Microsoft. Each language can do the same things. The syntax of VB.Net code can be easier to understand for someone who hasn't done any programming in the past.

Visual Studio Express
http://www.microsoft.com/express/

You should also be able to find some sample code and tutorials linked somewhere from the above site.

General Lists
blind-windows@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
nfbcs@xxxxxxxxxx

JAWS Lists
jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
jawslite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

HTH,
Everett

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jose Lomeli" <jose.lomeli93@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "E.J.  Zufelt" <everett@xxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 22:10:57 -0400
Subject: Re: ewby on programming need some tips and tricks

Good evening Jose,

Have you done any programming in the past?  When you say checking
and
savings do you mean a personal finance program?

Thanks,
Everett

From: "Tyler Littlefield" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 19:04:17 -0700

hello,
first we need to decide what language your going to use.  any
ideas?
What kind of programs do you want to write?

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005