edSharp as a C/C++ IDE?

  • From: Øyvind Lode <oyvind.lode@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 10:50:23 +0200

Hi all:

Is it possible to configure edSharp to use gcc/g++ compilers?
What I would like to accomplish is to press F5 or CTRL+F5 to compile and see
the output in a console.

Right now I need to write my code in edSharp, save it, switch to the command
line and run gcc.
If compilation fails, read the error messages and switch back to edSharp and
so on.

If compilation completes without errors etc I can run the executable
manually to see my app in action.
Then switch back to edSharp to do some more coding and on and on it goes.