Re: drupal 7 questions

  • From: "E.J. Zufelt" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 08:27:06 -0400

I set up a simple podcasting site for a friend in the fall.  Below is roughly
what I did.

1. Create a content type for Podcast Series and a content type for Podcast
Episode.

2. Using CCK and the FileField module allow the episode type to have a file
attachment

3. Using NodeReference allow each episode to reference a single series node
(this may have taken a view to show only Series as nodes to be referenced).

4. Using a view attach, attach a list of all episodes for each series to the
series nodes, this is a view that requires an argument.

5. Using something like the iTunes module create RSS feeds for the views that
you have created in 4.

6. Using something like a custom node.tpl.php for the series content type,
provide a link to the RSS feed for the series.

A bit complicated if you haven't worked with CCK or Views in the past.

HTH,

Everett Zufelt
http://zufelt.ca

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/ezufelt

View my LinkedIn Profile
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ezufelt

On 2011-03-14, at 8:09 AM, Homme, James wrote:

> Hi,
> I think that maybe the best way might be to allow stories to have
> attachments. Before you do that, though, I'd do a Google search something
> like "pod casts" site:dropal.org to see what you find, especially in the
> Modules area. For example, I don't remember if you can embed pod casts and
> play them, and I know there are modules that you can use to imbed audios and
> videos. I'm not sure which might be the best to work with.
>
> Jim

>>> administration.  You can change the settings for primary and secondary