RE: creating an alarm clock in mfc

  • From: "Andy B" <a_borka@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 17:08:27 -0400

I can't use Timer.Stop() because it needs to still keep track of time even
after the system time reaches the picker time. Here is my original code.
Just a note and a reminder, the current code listed below pops up a
MessageBox every second instead of only once when the system time and the
picker time is the same.

private void Timer_Tick(object Sender, EventArgs e) {
bool ShowBox=false;
if((!ShowBox) && (DateTime.Now.CompareTo(Time.Value))) {
ShowBox=true; //we shouldn't see the box again.
MessageBox.Show("It's time...");
}
}