RE: colors and backgrounds for web pages

  • From: dusty bray <dusty_bray@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:06:14 -0400

Ya know, this is a another problem i've been wanting to address for a while.
Like Laura suggested, i believe CSS is the answer.  The only problem is
selecting the correct CSS for the right mood / occasion.

i think i wrote about this plan on my website, and i'm curious if this method
would help:  First, a Web crawler could scour the Internet for as many
style-sheets as it can find.  Then a program could use some basic machine
learning to categorize them.  The algorithm might even consider the content of
the pages which use the CSS.  For instance, the language of a Web page could be
given a rating between "casual" and "professional".  If certain color
combinations are used more frequently, we can assume these schemes are more
readable.  After the style-sheets are categorized, the user could search for
the best scheme based on some criteria.  For instance, a user may want a 90%
professional and 100% readable scheme.  Or maybe the user wants a scheme for
Halloween or Christmas.

What do you all think?  Too bad i never have time to implement half the stuff i
want to.  i'd like to know if any of my ideas would actually help.  Hmmm...

dusty.......