RE: colors and backgrounds for web pages

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:09:50 -0000

Evening,

    One of our design team circulated the following link a while ago. It
looks at the psychology of the basic colours.
http://www.colour-affects.co.uk/psyprop.html

    The article takes a very cut and dried approach to describing the
relationship between colours and emotions. Some of the descriptive keywords
associated with each colour are on the extreme of the point being made, but
it's a useful guide to getting a feel for colours.

    Another useful tool, which may be helpful off the back of this article,
is this colour selector:
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/php/misc/colours.php

    As someone once sighted, I would be happy to help with any questions
about colours. There's way too much to explain in one go, but if you're
curious about a particular scheme, it should be easier to approach.

Regards,
Léonie.
--
http://www.tink.co.uk/