Re: code review

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:32:29 -0600

In other words, just contribute to Aspen and don't worry about buying an outdated game engine. It's open source, and anyone who wants to add is more than welcome to. I want to make this open source and free because I don't see the need for someone to pay for a mud engine, and the current ones out there are lacking a bit.

On 4/11/2011 4:02 PM, Ken Perry wrote:
I commercially sell the VME engines I have a special deal with Valheru in
that they got a lot  of stock areas from us but the current version of the
vme is a bit out of date it still only runs on redhat 7 or 9 if your good.
I have a version that runs on newer Linux but it's not on the web site yet
because I wanted to put it up when I put the Mac version up.  I would have a
cygwin/windows version but they want like $5000 to sell commercial software
under Cygwin.  So I have been trying to port it to windows 7 but I have to
say there is some ghost bug I haven't found yet.  So I guess the answer is
we do sell the game engines but the version that's for sale is a bit old and
the version that is new is not ready totally y et.

Ken