Re: cics info:

  • From: Jared <stofflet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 03:10:36 -0400

What issues are you currently having? If it's emulator issues I've found Glen Sepky's scripts work well with the free terminal emulator WC3270 that you can find by googling. If it's figuring out how to do CICS programming assuming you already have an emulator and enough firmiliarity with the ISPF interface to do things like edit code and submit JCL jobs you should probably talk to your company and see if they will send you to any training IBM offers for an introduction to CICS. In my experience the IBM documentation assumes you know a lot about Mainframe and there isn't a lot of good step by step guides available.

Charles Black wrote:
I need info about programming in cics.  My company has me trying to use aps
and it is impossible to setup screens the way it is currently setup.  Can
some offer any advise on how to achieve cics programming?