RE: c++ questions

  • From: "Reinhard Stebner" <rwstebner@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 21:02:15 -0500

Hi Hadon,  Let me answer your questions:

> 1. What are header files? I see these used in a lot of source code, but
can't figure out what they do.

Header files are used to store common code that is used in more then one
file.  Header files also contains source code libraries that others have
used.  Include files aid the developer because you will not have to write
and rewrite all of your code.  I am sure I have left out a lot of good
information here and others can correct me if I am wrong.

> 2. I also find makefiles in all of the source code I have looked at?
What exactly do these do.

Make files are files that tell command line compilers how to build and
compile your project.