RE: auto it and com automation with jfwapi, sapi, gwspeek, hal etc com audio, questions

  • From: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:25:18 -0600

I have now created an in installer for the SSIP voice server which
allows speaking text through Jaws, window-eyes, SA, and SAPI 5 using a
single interface. I am creating the clients now (e.g. java, AutoIt,
DotNet, etc.). I will be creating a COM client as part of the client
library. This will allow usage of the SSIP Voice Server by any language
which supports COM objects.

Am finalizing the server code because I wanted to make it possible to
run it with simply a tray icon rather than always having a console
window.

The most recent additions to the server functionality include the
ability to handle the SSIP command SOUND_ICON to play a sound and
support for the SSIP KEY command which translates a keyboard scan code
into its key name. Also, in addition to the SSIP commands for LIST
VOICES, I have added LIST SOUND_ICONS, and LIST APIS.

This being my first major C# project, it has taken a little longer than
I originally thought and I want to also include some good clients and
sample code as well as documentation on the interface.