Re: asp.net problem, viewstate mac

By the way, are running asp 2.0 or which version, is your IP Host running the same and do you have the machineKey hard coded and it's related values specified in your config file if you are running on a web farm or other place where execution kmay be broken between postings? There can be several reasons for this type of message and it would be necessary to actually see the code, config file and perhaps get some info from your IP Host to resolve it without just trying suggested solutions and finding one that works for you, inefficient, slow but perhaps your best bet if you don't have access to an experienced pro in this arena. View State, encryption and all that jazz is one of the more complex issues needed to be delt with in Internet Programming and especially for processing split between processes on diferent machines of a Web Farm or other remote or multi-processing situation.. Anyway, See if you have specified a machineKey and the related fields, properties, in the <system.web> section of your config file - at least I have used one for my Website that works fine with some rather complex nested controls and Master Pages. Make sure you don't have 2 <form> statements in your page, make sure you have it in the Details Page - this according to one of the other posts but I had no problem using it in either the Master nor the Detail Page... Hmmm, I can't think of anything else to look at but you should get some ideas from the prior blog I mentiioned and here. I had to specify a machineKey value when I moved my site up to a IP Host if I remember correctly but that was using VS 2005 and several years ago so I do not recall exactly what all it entailed other than that specification.

Rick USA

----- Original Message ----- From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 19, 2010 5:30 AM
Subject: Re: asp.net problem, viewstate mac

Hi: Did you read the following group of Postings on this subject? It was one of the first ones I found googling and has a little info about folks having that or a similar problem and a response from a MS guy.
http://forums.asp.net/t/955145.aspx
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "sameer manohtra" <sameermanohtra@xxxxxxxxx>