Re: android app development

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 14:56:18 -0500

No, I have not used it much, but I have read many reviews, including
the recent article about the lack of built in accessibility frameworks
all but halting development of better screen readers which could, for
example, provide use of the touch screen for standard UI elements.
While Android's accessibility may not be Narrator, my point was that
it is far behind where Apple is, and the most recent version of
Android did nothing to change that, whereas the most recent version of
iOS added wireless braille support for just about every
bluetooth-enabled display I can think of.

On 12/16/10, Littlefield, Tyler <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You've apparently not used android much. I know people that use it for
> quite a lot, and it does more than narrator does.
> On 12/16/2010 11:38 AM, Alex Midence wrote:
>> So ironic.  Downright sad, if you ask me.
>>
>> "In the house of the blacksmith, they use a wooden knife."--Old Latin
>> American saying.
>>
>> "Mechanics' children have broken cars ..."  "... A doctor's family
>> never gets cured."--Old proverbs from elsewhere
>>
>> Alex M

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap