admin: new list name

  • From: "Laura Eaves" <leaves1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bprogramming" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 07:39:29 -0400

Hello all, but especially jim --
I am just poking through my email for the past couple of weeks and noticed
the move of blindprogramming to freelists.org.
I'm sure there was discussion of the list name, and I think I may have seen
some of the posts on the name of the new list, and I'm probably too late in
my response, but I don't like the name "programmingblind" for a couple of
reasons:

1) it is too long, and therefore takes up too much space on the subject
line, and
2) for those of us who are subscribed to both the blindprogramming list and
program-l, it is harder to search the list mail for matches in my inbox -- I
mean, you have to type more letters in order to do a search for
[programmingblind] on the subject line.

As I'm probably way too late to influense the list name any further, I'll
just get used to the new name, but if there is a chance of shortening the
name a bit, I think it would be worth it in the long run.

Anyway, I won't waste more bandwidth on this, just wanted to have my say.
Happy hacking as always!
--le