Re: accessing my linux box with xp and window eyes, all on the same machine.

  • From: "Raul A. Gallegos" <raul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:04:23 -0500

I've never done this type of specific setup, but what about using Window-Eyes track mouse with focus from the mouse menu?

Also, setting the cursor delay to around 5 sometimes helps.

These suggestions are ones use when using typical ssh for remote access to Linux boxes which I do every day.

Brent Harding said the following on 2/20/2008 12:44 PM:
OpenSSH on Cygwin is probably about the best thing going that is readily available now. The problem always has been how to get the cursor to track when it comes to editing files over this connection. When the Remote Access Bridge comes out that can be installed on the server side of the connection, that will give us a lot better access. Also, I sort of wondered if it truely could be used outside the local network, say, with a cable connection with 768 up or something? I thought I've heard of Linux remote desktop services you can pay for, but I doubt the bridge could work on them even if you might get the provider to put Orca on their box.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jared Stofflett" <stofflet@xxxxxxx>