Re: accessible bios setup:thoughts?

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 05:46:25 +0300

Hello,
May be we can do something better than that.
We should talk with main board manufacturer and try to convince them to do a speaking bios.
This is possible as I saw.
I have a main board from Asus, a8n-sli deluxe.
This main board instead of giving beeps when something goes wrong, announces me by voice all events.
The thing is configurable so I can let it speak only messages I want.
It can speak error messages, but success messages too.
For example if I let it speak success messages it will announce me:
"boot section completed, now loading operating system".

It is done very simple.
It uses a set of predefined messages, recorded and compressed to be very small in size. Takking in account that the set of bios messages is a finite and a small one, with deterministic messages and situations, with very little variation, I think that the recorded messages aproach will work.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bryan Schulz" <b.schulz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>