Re: accessible bios setup:thoughts?

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:23:01 -0700

hmmm, and it pops up again!

a long time back my first comp had windows 311, and then win 95,jaws 3.1, jaws for dos, and an external doubletalk lt synthesizer on it, and I found that I could read the bios when it was brought up from the jaws for dos and the synthesizer. seemed that the bios used the onboard autoexect.bat and/or the config.sys files when it booted or at least ran them since this is where the entries for the jaws for dos were kept back then, and I believe the synthesizer was as well.

you might try digging heavily into how the bios operates in newer computers and see what you can find out along those lines.

HTH,
elf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>