Re: accessible bios setup:thoughts?

  • From: "The Elf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:23:01 -0700

hmmm, and it pops up again!

a long time back my first comp had windows 311, and then win 95,jaws 3.1, jaws for dos, and an external doubletalk lt synthesizer on it, and I found that I could read the bios when it was brought up from the jaws for dos and the synthesizer. seemed that the bios used the onboard autoexect.bat and/or the config.sys files when it booted or at least ran them since this is where the entries for the jaws for dos were kept back then, and I believe the synthesizer was as well.

you might try digging heavily into how the bios operates in newer computers and see what you can find out along those lines.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>