accesible math resources

Hello all,
I wanted to get in to some design with physics, building simulations, etc. I
had some ideas for some fun games, though I have a problem.
I want to learn about vectors, trig, calc, etc. Are there any accessible math
resources you guys used? I do great if I can sit down and teach myself, or if I
can understand the problem, it's just getting everything that's the issue.
Second, would someone happen to have a list of formulas for physics
calculations? I'd like to play around with some of those.
I'd also like to find a decent calculator (preferably software) that will do
what I set it to, using variables and etc.
I heard about matlab, but I believe that costs. I just want to play around with
it, so investing cash isn't an option at this point. It might, if I had the
cash to invest, but that just opens up a whole new set of doors(problems)
Last, I'd like to learn how algos work such as compression and encryption. All
the info on these I've found are decent, but they tend to show their formulas
in graphics, which is no help at all.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
Web: tysdomain.com
email: tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.