Re: a virtual computer emulator at giveawayoftheday.com

  • From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2008 20:53:24 -0700

no, I still had one worry, the thing takes over as the "front door" making it the OS with the real OS in behind it, and I didn't know how jaws would react to that, when I get my Junker up and running again, I may try there software out, and buy a copy if it works well

I have some other software from GOTD, and though a lot of it does not have good accessibility, its general functions have always been near enough to "as advertised" to bode well for future downloads. I've had my sighted room mate check a couple of them, and he would have no problem with them.

laters,
inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>

if I ever get any of my game designs coded, I'm planning on using them

talk to you later,
inthane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

well on that point I know for a fact that your wrong, the limit is so you don't let them advertise/giveaway your software, and then have 10000 clones
of it floating around and no one buying the real program from you.

the concept is, you give away a limited number of copies of your software, one days worth of downloads, wrapped in there installer, which limits it to being activated that day, and then if someone reformats, changes computers, or otherwise louses the application, if they really liked it, then they will
have to come to you and buy it.

they also put your software out on google, and leave a listing up so folks can find you later, and if any of there friends see the software, and like
the looks/functionality of it, they can find you through giveaway of the
day, and get it from you.
and yes I was a bit leery of give away of the day at first, but they have
been true to there word, and straight forward

regards,
inthane

hey folks, would like to know what you think of this one, its available
from
www.giveawayoftheday.com today, and must be installed today to be useable,
but could be a goodie?

no arguments please, just honest opinions, eh?
here is the rundown:
April 25, 2008
The Returnil Virtual System Premium Edition is a powerful virtualization technology that completely mirrors your actual computer setup and it can create a virtual storage disk within your PC where you can save documents,
data, and files while using the System Protection feature.

Returnil virtualization technology clones a computer's System Partition
and
boots the PC into this system rather than native Windows, allowing you run your applications in a completely isolated environment. Hence the session
and all activity, malicious or otherwise, will happen in the virtual
environment, not in the real PC environment. If the PC is attacked or gets
infected, all you need to do is to simply reboot the PC to erase all
changes. After reboot, the system will be restored to its original state,
as
if nothing ever happened. All of this without sacrificing computer
performance or usability while helping to reduce technical support
intervention and the need for routine maintenance.

User Rating: Rate It! 300 (83%) 61 (17%)84 comments System Requirements:
Windows XP/2003 Server/Vista 32-bit; Processor by OS: XP: 300 MHz; 2003
Server: 750 MHz; Vista: 800 MHz; Memory by OS: XP: 128 MB; 2003 Server:
128
MB; Vista: 512 MB; Hard Disk: 25 MB free HDD space (minimal configuration)
Publisher: Returnil
Homepage: http://www.returnilvirtualsyst...
File Size: 2.24 MB
Price: The program is available for $24,95, but it will be free for our
visitors as a time-limited offer.

ok fire away folks,

regards,
inthane
. For Blind Programming assistance, Information, Useful Programs, and
Links
to Jamal Mazrui's Text tutorial packages and Applications, visit me at:
http://grabbag.alacorncomputer.com
. to be able to view a simple programming project in several programming

http://www.eset.com