Re: Writing a Floppy disk applet

Hi,

Yes it is possible.

I pasted a copy of a windows scripting file (wsf) written in jscript, that I
use to perform maintenance on a weekly basis.

I chose the windows scripting host because I could not get the windows start
command to wait for one program to finish before it launched the next program.
I could however get the wsh run command to do what I wanted.

The documentation on the start command says that there is a /wait switch, but I
can not get it to work correctly so I went with the wsh run command.

to launch the wsh file:
type: cscript filename.wsf

I launch the pasted wsh file using a msdos batch file:

@echo off
rem run clean_up.wsf
cscript c:\bats\clean_up.wsf

once the wsf file is created to your liking, you can copy it to a cd-rom and
use a autorun.inf to launch the script file.

That way you can just insert the cd-rom and walk away.

hth

TJ

- - - attached clean_up.wsh file - - -

<package>
<job id="">
<comment> </comment>
<script id="" language="JScript">
// define batch files to run
var easyCleaner = "c:\\bats\\easy_cln.bat";
var crapCleaner = "c:\\bats\\ccleaner.bat";
var reg_cleaner = "c:\\bats\\regclean.bat";
var clear_logs = "c:\\bats\\clr_logs.bat";
var sort_menu = "c:\\bats\\sortmenu.bat";
var all_done = "c:\\tools\\wav.exe c:\\sounds\\tngchime.wav";

var myShell = new ActiveXObject("WScript.Shell");
// myShell.Run(myPath, 1, true);

myShell.Run(easyCleaner,1,  true);
myShell.Run(crapCleaner, 1, true);
myShell.Run(reg_cleaner, 1, true);
myShell.Run(clear_logs, 1, true);
myShell.Run(sort_menu, 1, true);
myShell.Run(all_done, 1, true);
message("clean_up.wsf all done.", 1);

//
function message(in_string, WAIT) {
var WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell");
var m_title = "Movefile Master Message";
var m_waitTime = WAIT; // zero equals forever 10 equals 10 seconds ect.
var m_string = in_string;
var BtnCode = WshShell.Popup(m_string, m_waitTime, m_title, 1 + 64);
// WScript.Echo("BtnCode = " + BtnCode);

switch (BtnCode) {
case 1:
// ok was pressed.
break;