Writing a Floppy disk applet

  • From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 23:33:53 -0800

Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to write a type of batch file or type of applet that can run off of a floppy disk that will instruct an OS to run a whole bunch of procedures without my being around. to be a little more precise, in an effort to eliminate some of the repetition in my daily routine, I want to walk into my office, place a floppy into my computer, and as it starts, I want the computer to run all the instructions within the floppy. If I have a theoretical 50 pages to scan, I want to place the floppy with instructions to launch K1000 or any other scanning app, use the automatic document feeder to scan my paperwork, save the scanned files with a specific name, then have the files backed up to an external hard drive which I carry around. In other words, I pretty much want to automate lots of daily procedures without having to sit at my keyboard.

Absolutely, any, any and all suggestions will be greatly, greatly appreciated as this is a kinda serious request for list feedback,

Matthew