Re: WinformBasics - IDE Accessibility Option Settings

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 09:57:07 -0400

Hi Guys: Well, I tried using the Context Menu on the Tools > Options > Environment > Help settings in CSharp and it seemingly had no help. Then I went into the Help Settings, Deselected some of the help sources not related to CSharp like the ASP helpers and the VB one. I also changed help to use the Local Documentation first. TI saved both by clicking OK within each tab Group. When I tried ctrl+Shift+F1 again I got the Context help for the settings with all the links to the Detail Help pages for each setting. Why this was the case I don't know but it seemed to work. I am using ctrl+Shift+F1 which I am not sure was in the list of help key combinations in the documentation but it seems to be working when I get things set up ok. I will keep playing with the Context Menu and it's options until we are all done setting up our IDEs and then update the Tutorials accordingly with their settings. The Context Help is going to be a really nice feature while learning instead of spending tons of time googling for something. Or, at least, as a good starting point.

Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>