Windows Forms (vb.net express) deployment

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 07:13:06 -0400

Hi: I have a Winforms project. I have xml and txt files for both read and write
in the project. I have two ideas...
Click Once (Publish tab on Menu Bar) and rolling my own installer
MyInstaller.exe) and using a zip file for users to download and install. I
would use Click Once but Googling I find a host of user permissions problems,
trusted, elevated and all that jazz. First, has anyone used Click Once and if
so can you help me out figuring out how to set permissions so a user can
download and install my app without any nasty messages? Second, if I roll my
own installer would I have the same problem of data files or content files
requiring the user to mess with file permissions?
Thanks:
Rick USA