RE: Windows 8 Blog

  • From: Katherine Moss <Katherine.Moss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 17:28:32 +0000

Thanks!  I just subscribed!  I'm going to certainly be keeping up with this
one.  I cannot wait to own Windows 8, but I think that slow-on-the-uptake
screen reader manufacturers could potentially be a hindrance for all of us in
this community.  I mean, JAWS 12's reign could end quite abruptly if they
refuse to adapt the later versions to not use Mirror drivers anymore if
Microsoft takes them away.  And then if that is the case and screen readers do
not keep up with latest and greatest technology (and even nowadays, this is a
problem right now in my opinion), where will we go?  Will we be stuck with our
current configurations for the rest of our lives?