Window Eyes

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:33:53 +0300

As there were some talks about Window Eyes on this list, I will ask a fewmore questions about it here.

I've installed it and I've seen that it started with the Dec Talk as a default voice sinthesizer, and I don't like how it sounds. I've seen that the Window Eyes package contains the Eloquence sinthesizer, but when I tried to choose it from the list of sinthesizers available, I've seen no Eloquence there.

I might have a problem with my computer, because even after installing the Eloquence common modules and Eloquence for English language manually from the Window Eyes package, even though it installed successfully, I can't detect Eloquence with Jaws neither (and if I remember well, in older versions of Window Eyes, Eloquence was a SAPI sinth).

Do you know if I can find somewhere a "from Jaws to Window Eyes" description of hotkeys?

For example, I have set Window Eyes to use the Jaws key layout, but it doesn't seem to work as expected, because I have pressed Insert+Tab (my favourite hotkey), but instead of telling the name and position of the control that has the focus, it tells something else.

Thanks.

Octavian