RE: Window Eyes

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 07:40:10 -0400

The WE JAWS layout didn't "anger" me, I just found it annoying.  Office 2007
claims a lot of backward compatibility for keystrokes with Office 2003 and
before.  I find this really annoying too as partial compatibility is more
confusing than no intentional compatibility at all.

I also find that superfluous incompatibility for incompatibility sake is
really annoying.  After we put Quick Keys into JAWS, GW came out with a
similar feature but rather than using us as a model, picked a different set
of keystrokes which did little more than confuse people who need to use
both.

I don't know, I've never been a UI guy so I'm probably full of poop on this
subject.