Re: Which PYTHON Compiler

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 16:05:06 +0000

Hi, correct me if I'm wrong, but aything that refers to x86 represents intel processors. Hope that helps.

At 02:54 16/01/2008, you wrote:
Good evening again everyone,

    I'm on the download page of:
http://www.python.org

    Our computers use Intel Processors. Mine is an HP and Mary's is a
Gateway. Both machines run Windows XP with SP2. There are several PYTHON
compilers for windows listed. They are:

For x86 processors:
python-2.5.1.msi

For Win64-Itanium users:
python-2.5.1.ia64.msi

For Win64-AMD64 users:
python-2.5.1.amd64.msi

    Looking at the file extensions am I to assume that the same download is
for all Windows machines, or are there differences between these compilers.
Since our machines do not use AMD processors that eliminates one of these
versions right there. Just want to be sure I'm installing the correct
version of the compiler before I do so. First I need to upgrade both JAWS
and Ed Sharp.

    And while I'm at it is the same RUBYCompiler used for all flavors of
Windows, or is there a particular version I need for Windows XP. Thanks
again for your help.

Peter Donahue

Chris Hallsworth
Skype chrishallsworth7266