Re: Which Linux + screen reader to choose?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 20:02:52 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, inthaneelf wrote:

Daniel you asked why I don't like command line, it's simple, I hate typing out the whole string of junk that is usually needed to perform a task in

Its not "junk" and you should learn to use tab completion...
Switches aren't hard to remember and use environment variables like $PWD for example.

have a cheat sheet that I need to bring up to use them, because I find myself either forgetting the switches for, or the exact syntax for them.

That would not be good if you use them regulary.

and I'm glad Linux now has a GUI, I hate having to type the mount command before I could use a drive, I just want to click on the drive as in my

Well you should still know the cli it is the main part of linux...
And is used by administrators...

computer, instead of having to mount it, or even typing out the path to an executable on a drive in order to use it, "one click actuation is us"...

What is wrong with mount?

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/