What's wrong with my code?

  • From: Jes <theeternalkid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2010 23:54:41 -0400

Hi all,
This is a programming assignment I'm trying to do out of the class text book.
Any assistance would be appreciated, as well as any feedback on how I am doing
writing the code. I have this habit of not writing the code all the way
through, and compiling the program bit by bit to make sure I don't get any
errors in the process of coding. I just want to make sure that the code I have
already written is working as it should before I continue writing. I'm sure
this is not a good habit to get into.
Thanks for any help.
Jes

//Ch5 Exercise 4, page 287 //Calculates and displays the average of three test
scores
//created/revised by Jes Smith on July 5 2010

#include <iostream>
using <<std::cout;>>
using <<std::cin;>>
using <<std::endl;>>

//declare variables
int score_1 (0);
int score_2 (0);
int score_3 (0);

//begin program
int main()
{
        cout< "Please enter your first test score. You may enter decimal
values: " >;
cin << score_1 >>;
cin <<score_2 >> ;
cin <<score_3 >> ;