Re: Visual studio express 2008, how to get started learning

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 06:51:00 -0400

After you download VS or any of the express modules you need to download and
install the JAWS Scripts if you use JAWS, Windoweyes will work pretty well out
of the box for versions of VS prior to 2010 until Windoweyes comes out with
it's next release. Then you need to set up Visual Studio for accessibility by
setting options in that same place where you checked the checkbox to use local
help instead of online help. That was under the Tools>Options of the Menu Bar.
There are a ton of things to set to get the IDE to work the way you want. There
are articles floating around the web on some of the folks websites that tell
you how to do this in a step by step fashon.. I used the Express modules and
Windoweyes to code in Vb.net and Visual Web Developer. I do not use CSharp,
just a personal choice.
Rick USA